Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Drywall .... or so I thought

We were lucky enough a few weeks ago to get about 140 sheets of drywall at no charge!! Big Score I thought - I can see walls with drywall instead of reeds.... until Robert told me .... we have to level out house FIRST! So now I am looking for 4 20-ton bottle jacks to borrow or buy. Of course as usual, no one has them. well HPM does but it only had 1 and it was $35/day. We need them for about a week. So I called a jack supplier and the jacks are about $40 to buy - cheap enough but weigh 23# each. So to ship UPS from MN to Kapoho is $150 EACH!!! unless we ship them slow boat (4-6 weeks).... and we only have a small window of opportunity for my brother to come back and help drywall (which as long as there's snow in his country he is happy to do!!)

What to do ???

No comments:

Adsense